Sunday, February 22, 2015

And the Oscar goes to .... Ida (Best foreign language film, category 2015)



(spoilers ahead- time for caution)

I found this film through an online facebook friend, I can't say we are friends but I considered him to be a top notch fellow after all, he worked with my guru (virtual) Prof. Sanjay Bakshi. May be it's a halo effect, I don't know.

















Contemplation:

Most of the film is silent and I found that compelling me to think. The right example to make audience think through non verbal or visual communication.

I am not that good at thinking or contemplating what just happened when I finished the movie. Ida, she finds about her family and their death and most importantly her name.

I don't know why or what made the character Ida do like that or this. I am still thinking.

Did I understand? It's not about understanding. My perception was that she finds out the reality or the real world outside of her church life and she seems doesn't like it or may be just she goes back to the church life.

sigh, it's better stay there in my mind questioning me. But it's a very good experience watching the film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment